EASY TUNA CURRY

If you cannot buy fresh fish, tinned tuna is a very good alternative for Omega 3 fatty acid, which supports your heart, brain and eyes.

I have mentioned before in my recipes, that we are supposed to eat fish twice a week according to surveys.  I personally do not do this, and I DO use a lot of tinned tuna as I always have a large tin of it in the pantry.  I buy the one in spring water as against the one in oil.

I always buy the brand, John West as it is dolphin friendly, and I like their products. They also produce a "light" tuna in spring water, which has less calories than the normal tinned tuna however I do not use this one for cooking.

This is a mild, easy to make curry, is a low fat recipe and can easily be used as a "stand-by" when you want an easy meal.

Preparation Time:  10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings

Ingredients
2  x 105 g tins light Tuna in spring-water
1  x tbsp butter (less if using non stick frypan)
½ x 440 g can crushed pineapple
½  x tbsp chutney
½  x tbsp plain flour
½  x tsp curry powder (use more if you like it spicier)
½ x carrot, finely cubed
½ x small onion

Method:
Heat the butter and cook the carrot and onion until slightly cooked - this takes about 5-10 minutes.

Add the flour and stir for another minute or two.

Add the curry powder, drained tuna, chutney and the undrained pineapple.

Add the milk and stir till it is boiling.  Simmer this mixture for 5 minutes.

This works well served on top of plain rice or boiled potatoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POTATO SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER

Pizza Toppings Using Leftovers

Chicken with Walnuts and Hoisin Sauce