HOME MADE APPLE SAUCE WITH NO ADDED SUGAR

I love apple sauce however I have trouble getting buying one that has no added sugar, or even little added sugar.

So, I decided to make my own as it is really so easy to do.

You COULD add a bit of sugar if you want, however I found this was just right even though I used a mixture of green Granny Smith apples and the sweeter Kanzi and Pink Lady.  Any red apple would work out find for this.

I usually eat it as a dessert with cream, however it would be excellent with roast pork, and other meats, as well as on sandwiches.

It is also healthy and can be given to children who do not like to eat raw apples, which is a distinct advantage.

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: About 35 minutes
Serves: 4 as a dessert

Ingredients
3 - 4 large red apples
3 Granny Smith apples

Method
Peel the apples - you can vary this and even cut out the Granny Smith ones for a sweeter dessert.

Chop them up and put them in a saucepan - if you are not worried about sugar, add a teaspoon or two - I always use coconut sugar in my cooking as it is a natural product.

Turn the heat on low and cook this until the apples are very soft.

I then mashed them with a potato masher or you could use a stick blender, though because they are so soft, a potato masher works well.

Put in a Tupperware or similar, and chill - I did then sprinkle a teaspoon of coconut sugar on top however this is optional.

You can serve this apple sauce, or as we call it in Europe, Apfel Compote, with or without cream, or even ice cream if you eat this!

It is a  nice low fat, and healthy dessert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POTATO SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER

Pizza Toppings Using Leftovers

Chicken with Walnuts and Hoisin Sauce