Lime Butter with Biscotti


This is a rich dessert which I made into 3 portions, however the mixture is easily enough for four servings.  As I was on my own for this meal, I would have had to throw out if I made four, and did not want to waste the lemon butter!

You can use a shop bought lime butter (or curd) and it will look more like a trifle then, as the bought one has yellow colour in it, and the layers will be more distinct and look more like a trifle!

However, I much prefer my home made one, and you can see an easy recipe for lime curd or butter here

The home made one is really easy and quite quick, so if I have time, I would always make my own.  As you do not use a lot in this recipe, you would also have some left over for other uses!

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients
375 ml whipping cream
2 tbsp sifted icing sugar
½ - ¾ cup lemon butter/curd
Almond biscotti, to serve

Instructions
Whip the cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form, and divide them into two bowls.

Add the lemon butter to one bowl of cream.

Gently fold this lemon butter into the bowl of cream.

Divide half the lemon cream between three or four sweet dishes.

Top with a layer of plain whipped cream, and repeat the layering, finishing with the plain cream.

Serve with almond biscotti on the top and you could also put the almond biscotti on the bottom as a layer.  I would probably dip them into a bit of milk if doing it this way, as it would soften them slightly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POTATO SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER

Pizza Toppings Using Leftovers

Chicken with Walnuts and Hoisin Sauce