EGG SOAKED CRUMPETS WITH BACON & MAPLE SYRUP

I love cooked breakfast, and indeed love to go out for breakfast during the week when there are not a lot of people around.

However, especially during the colder months, I have experimented with different cooked breakfast or brunches at home, and this recipe is another great breakfast or brunch idea, which I served with maple syrup.

Maple syrup oddly enough, goes very well with a lot of savoury dishes, and you will find I use this natural product (I always buy the pure, more expensive form) regularly in my recipes, both breakfast, dinner and dessert.

For this recipe, I actually also tried one with tomato sauce, however I liked the maple syrup better - bacon and maple syrup are a "match made in heaven".

Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings

Ingredients
4-5 pieces shortcut bacon
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
2 crumpets cut in half
Knob of butter
Maple syrup to taste

Method
Fry the bacon.  I did this in the microwave between two sheets of paper towel, however you could also do it in the frypan.

Beat the egg and egg yolk together in a bowl, and add the freshly ground pepper.

Dip the crumpets into this egg mixture, doing a few at a time.

Put the butter into a frypan, and fry the crumpets.

When they are golden brown on both sides, and just cooked, remove them from the pan.

Serve them to the whole family - most children will love these!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POTATO SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER

Pizza Toppings Using Leftovers

PEANUT NOODLES WITH CELERY AND PEANUT BUTTER SOY SAUCE