Pizza Toppings Using Leftovers


I had family from Interstate, and did not have much in the house, so we decided to make our own pizzas.  These are far healthier than bought ones, and two of the people also had to eat dairy free, so I knew exactly what was in the pizzas.

Pizzas are not really difficult to make, nor do they take a long time to make.  I usually make double the dough and freeze it so that I can just take it out of the freezer and make a pizza whenever I feel like it, or whenever I have leftovers!

However, in this instance, I had no dough and was in a hurry so used a bought base, which is not as nice as my own!

Pizzas are great as they can be made with whatever you have in the pantry, or the fridge, and the following are some suggestions for when you have unexpected visitors, or if you want a very tasty casual meal.  It is also a way to get children to eat vegetables, as they are often "hidden" when cut finely and cooked.  You could also put grated vegetables in the dough which children do not usually taste!
This is the dairy free pizza
I also like my bases thin, and then I can make them to my liking if I make my own dough.

Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6-7 servings - 4 pizzas

Ingredients
Bought pizza bases
Pizza topping - tomato (packs of 4)
Bacon
Mushrooms
Olives
Pumpkin
Pineapple
English spinach
Tomato
Cheese
Feta
Lactose free cheese
Chicken leftovers, or any cooked chicken pieces
Ham

Instructions
For the children's pizza, I microwaved some cut up pieces of pumpkin and mashed this and mixed it with the pizza sauce (as they do not eat vegetables).

I then spread this on a base, and added the ham, lactose free cheese (or no cheese), and some pineapple if using - these children preferred the pineapple on the side, uncooked!

Bake some small pieces of pumpkin in the oven adding a bit of oil and balsamic vinegar for about 15 minutes on about 185°.

Spread the remaining pizza bases with the pizza sauce, using half or one small packet per base, depending on size of bases.

Then add grated cheese, and any of the following:  mushrooms (sliced); browned bacon pieces, English spinach, baked pumpkin, feta, and pineapple.

Add some cheese on top if desired, and bake for about 10 minutes.

Slice into 4 or 6 pieces and serve.

Another suggestion for a pizza is to spread the base with the pizza sauce, add grated cheese, baked pumpkin, feta cheese, olives, bacon, and cooked chicken.

Then add some more grated cheese, and cook for about 10 minutes in a fairly hot oven.

These pizzas are so versatile as you can put so many different combinations on the top, and limited only to your imagination, and foods that go well together.

It is the ability to mix and match that makes these pizzas so enjoyable, and you can make half - half if one person does not like something you want to put on.



Comments

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at  Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Mr, Benjamin Email: 247officedept@gmail.com  He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POTATO SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER

Chicken with Walnuts and Hoisin Sauce