Easy Sourdough Bread with Walnuts


I made this loaf of bread in my bread-maker, and adapted it with things that I like in bread!  You could add whatever you wanted, or just have it plain.

It is a 1 kg size, and I generally slice it and then put the slices individually in the freezer.  This way there is no wastage, and I just take out one piece at a time, and it is always fresh.

I used Laucke bread mix as they have the European style bread, and I can add other things to many of their mixes, and get an excellent result.

Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: Varies
Makes: About 15 slices

Ingredients
I packet Laucke sourdough rye bread mix
Handful of walnuts
Sunflower and/or Pumpkin seeds

Instructions
Follow your bread-maker instructions to make rye bread.

Add the nuts and seeds as per instructions - I put small seeds in with the mixture and larger ones.  I also put walnuts in the special holder that my bread-maker has for larger items.

You could also add other things as well, including garlic powder, grated cheese, LSA, caraway seeds, pumpkin seeds, or vary the nuts.

Turn out the loaf, and allow it to cool slightly.

Slice thickly, or however you like it and eat!  It is beautiful when luke warm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POTATO SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER

Pizza Toppings Using Leftovers

Chicken with Walnuts and Hoisin Sauce