TUNA SALAD FOR DIETERS

Many of us go on different diets, however I am slim and do not need to go on a diet, so it was with hesitation that I went on this "new beaut" 5/2 diet.  I did this, not to lose weight but for the various health gains it supposedly had.

I found this diet worked for these problems however, in my case, I lost too much weight, so eventually I had to stop this diet!

I was on the 5/2 diet for several years, and this recipe is one that I used to make on my "fast" days where I could only eat 500 calories for the whole day.  This tuna salad would be about 150 calories - add a boiled egg for another 70 calories, and it is still a very low fat, low calorie meal.

It is very quick and easy to make and requires no cooking - and best of all - IT TASTES VERY GOOD - I also sometimes add olives and chilies to taste.

A good recipe for one person or double it for more.


Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
Makes: 1 large serving

Ingredients
95 g tin John West tuna
3-4 tblsp Low fat cottage cheese
Stick of celery
1/2 red capsicum
3 - 4 small grape tomatoes
1 pickled cucumber or similar
Parsley or Dill

Method
Chop the celery, tomato, capsicum, and add to the cottage cheese.

You can vary any of these amounts, and you could also add some grated carrot.

Drain the tuna, flake and add to the mixture.

Mix.

Serve with thick bread if not on a diet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POTATO SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER

Pizza Toppings Using Leftovers

Chicken with Walnuts and Hoisin Sauce